Re: Ableton Live - Easing Usability with SoftSynth Patch Selection

Just remembered a related hint that is useful. When you have set up a
rack in Live to handle your patches/plugin instances you need to
scroll through all of them before you begin to play. If you forget to
do this you may nevertheless run into nasty crackling audio drop-outs
when switching between patches. My guess is that Live doesn't
automatically go through all patches to fixate a memory structure for
safe playback, so you need to initially kick Live's ass to assure a
decently behavior. (this is true for many other music apps, not only
Live)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com