Re: Ableton Live - Easing Usability with SoftSynth Patch Selection

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:03 PM, Kris Hartung
<krispen.hartung@gmail.com> wrote:
> .  I am loving Live more and more each week.

Me too! I used it at the latest concert in Istanbul to do live playing
with effects and live looping in combination with pre prepared backing
tracks. Then I ran Live as the sync master and it worked flawlessly.

But unfortunately Live has some serious issues when running as the
sync slave to a looper (or any other MIDI Clock master unit). If you
use a delay effects you get a total audio drop-out when Live receives
a tempo change. I have been struggling for days to get around this but
it seems impossible. At least I have learned some cool signal routing
and I will see if I can set up the same rig in Bidule now (the best
slave sync host I know so far). If I can't get that sound out of
Bidule I will try in Mainstage, but MS also has this tendency to drop
audio while adjusting tempo, although not at all as bad as Live.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen