To those who make a living off of music

So we (the class) literally just finished listining to a lecture from my
english teacher about motivation. He was talking about how external reward
can doom us for failure and how its self directed motive that works the
best. The article we read said that Google has one day a week that allows
its developers to work on any project they want freely and through that,
Gmail  along with many other crucial developed This post is directed
especially to you musicians that make a living soley on music. What is it
that keeps your motivation and creativity fresh? How do you discipline
your minds (if you do) to remember that you do this only for the love of
music and not for money? Did any of you study music in college and
survive?