Re: Total Recall in Ableton Live - Kapture (revisited)

That's at the base of telePort as well, each module having it's own
memory and preset roll.
So you can easily set up the mixer channel modules to be routed in
whatever way you like including the vst settings, and then have many
different Midi control maps ready in the midi ctr module.
Finally using the Mainpage as a "snapshot" of which presets to use in
all other modules letting you do "scene up" and "scene down" with one
button that changes between entirely different setups.
Everything you can do with kapture and then quite a bit more,
especially that you can "capture" states on attached hardware
instruments as well..., but without the screen clutter of a set like
plastikmans, because you can morph the modules and instruments instead
of preparing a gigantic spreadsheat like he does.

The same "problem" though, you have to prepare or at least think about
what you are doing when changing scene. If you change to a scene that
reprograms 4 different hardware synths via looong sysex messages,
loads some software samplers and load 40 new vst effects all at the
same time, expect a drop in sound if you are doing it without
planning. There are many ways to get around it though, such as using
the builin mixer looper as a DJ tool...
Oh well... ;)
It's very much made for people like me, working more in the direction
of plastikman but trying to make it more live than that, with the
augmented sequencing and all that, which is not entirely simple to get
started with.

But for loopers, they could still just use the mixer modules and get
this kind of morphable modular setup with Total Recall, but for free
;)