Re: ....features manufacturers leave out (SUPER BOSS DD20)

Now that is a crying shame. I use 3 Ibanez  DM-1100s for "looping", and the varying tones while changing the speed are part of the charm.
Rig

From: Rainer Straschill <moinsound@googlemail.com>
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:11 AM
Subject: Re: ....features manufacturers leave out (SUPER BOSS DD20)

Jeff Duke schrieb:
> I don't know but I'll bet they made the mostly noiseless action of turning the delay time knob on the DD20 like that on purpose so real musicians wouldn't have to deal with all the weirdness while tweaking :)
The important word here is "mostly". If you know how, you can get weird noises that you don't get from any other delay ;). And also, with some signal in it and very short delay times, you can get it to oscillate.
> If a super DD20 and a super PDS 8000 had a baby....:)
There's two drawbacks I see in the DD20, and that's:
a) no varispeed (but this might not be easily obtainable given the DD20's architecture)
b) if you have one delay going, then start a new one, you can't go back to the first one. And that's something that a code hacker might easily do...anyone?

        Rainer

-- http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs