Re: Looping and Mixing/Mixing Loops

I'm loving this topic! This was one of my biggest issues when i first
started looping about a year ago. I loop with FL studio hosting mobius. I
have a continuous project/setup that I work on. Basically all of my
software instruments are what I call prEQ'd. Each track first sends from
the plugin to track in FL Studio. The EQ effects and other pre-effects are
applied in these tracks. I call them the input tracks. The audio output of
these channels is linked to the audio input of mobius which is then
recorded and looped. Mobius plays what I call "dry loops" because even
though the instruments were recorded with pre-mobius effects, the effects
are there to make the instrument sound the way its supposed to as if there
were no effects to it. Then the audio output of the mobius tracks are
linked directly back into a separate set of FL studio tracks that I call
the ouput. Each output track one has an instrument-specific effect that is
post-mobius. Therefore I can modulate the playing loops with things like
high cut filters, low cut filters and etc. Then all of out put tracks are
linked into one, main FX track. With this track i can modulate effects
onto the entire output of the audio. For example I have every instrument
sound looping at once; I can turn up reverb on the Main FX channel and
this reverb will apply to every instrument.

Kaylon