Re: Conversion to Mac!

I started using a Mac as my daily work machine a few months ago, there are only two things I miss.

First the copy/paste keys are Command-C and Command-V rather than Control-C and Control-V and
I haven't found a good way to map them.  I get used to it but it drives me nuts when I have
to switch between a Mac and a PC.

Second, I can't stand Finder and the file chooser dialogs.  I am a fast typist, when I want a file the easiest
way for me is to type in the name and have the OS do auto-complete.  Not on a Mac.  Oh no, you're
not supposed to TYPE on a Mac, you're supposed to wiggle and scroll and click for 5 minutes over a deep directory tree.
And if you want to search, by golly of course you want to search the ENTIRE file system, not the directory you
are currently in.  Yes there's that goofy button under the search box where you can select to search in just
the folder, why the hell isn't this the default?

Using any media file that isn't in an Officially Sanctioned Apple Format (Quicktime)  is a bit of a pain,
but there are 3rd party apps.    There are no games but you can use Bootcamp if you have enough disk.

Oh and SoundFourge.  There is not a single commercial or free Mac sound editor that works as well
as SoundFourge and don't waste time suggesting Ardor.  I still do all my .wav file editing on a PC
if I can.

If you do any C++ development, Xcode just flat out sucks compared to Visual Studio.  I also find Apple's
online docs much harder to use than MSDN.

On the plus side Logic and Mainstage are great and hibernate just works.  I have never had a
PC laptop that could come out of hibernation reliably.

Overall I'm happy with the switch and I'd do it again.

Jeff