Re: New live looping video finally!

andy butler schrieb:
Rainer Straschill wrote:
MIDI lopping .
Is there a midi looper that doesn't quantise at all?
That doesn't need a click to get the first loop right?
First question: "not at all" is not true for any kind of sequencer, but most allow to have the quantization as fine as their MIDI timebase (which is usually something like 480 or 960 divisions per quarter?). That being said, Ableton Live (which I gave as an example) allows you to turn quantize off.

Second question: well...there was a thing called Musicbox (80s ANSI-graphics "kinda-free" PC program) which had a sequencer module which (if I remember correctly) allowed you to do just this (nota bene: this software was some kind of a modular environment for generating and processing MIDI): the sequencer recorded events in a timebase relative to the sequencer start and with that, it should be possible.

            Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs