Re: How often do you listen to your own music?

I’m glad this subject didn’t say “have to listen to your own music” because I don’t consider it a task.  I *have* to listen to it in order to clean things up sometimes, and make sure I’m happy with the piece.  If I’m going to perform a piece I’ll listen to it to refresh my memory and be able to replicate it live.

In a lot of ways being in the UK has enforced a real isolation from lots of music – though from the broadcast radio I’ve heard here, I’m not missing much!  I have for some years now kept from listening to other peoples’ material except for LD members’ – and when in composition mode, nothing of anyone else at all.  Before anything else I treat it as Art, and try to turn it into something palatable in the form of show segments, which constitute ‘singles’ of a sort.

Stephen Goodman