Re: New discovery on EDP!!!

On Sun, Aug 5, 2012 at 8:00 PM, Dennis Moser <sinsofmachaut@gmail.com> wrote:
Mark,

That would be very cool if you can!

OK just knocked up a patch in AudioMulch, with just echoloop, and the mike input (dont have my interface handy.. at the wrong house.. grrr)

Heres the screencast I made... not terribly musical...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4vqye85tg0pmrkm/echoloop_overdub_unscrambling.mov

Its NOT working exactly as I thought it did on EDP... but SORT OF... If a make a short loop... then overdub for the equivalent of 8 cycles length.... TEN multiply out to 8 cycles and UNDO, then my cunning plan (which is what I thought it was doing on EDP) is that it would Unravel that stacked up mess of 8 layers of overdubs, into one coherent whole... it nearly works... I would expect to hit undo 8 times, or maybe just once. On the EDP it took a few hits and it sounded right (which after all is the main thing)... ON echoloop, it seems to do ok for about half the overdubs but then they come back

so now I have to go back and really test the EDP thing again.

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com