2 EDP devices in NYC wanted

Live looping artists and/or EDP owners in NYC, please HELP:

For the following project, we are looking for people in NYC to
lend us a stereo set or two separate devices of Echoplex Digital Pros:

73-D by Philipp Zuercher, reperformed in NYC

73-D is part of the electroacoustic composition called Fractaloid 1–9, 72 hours of music for solo instruments and EDP (Echoplex Digital Pro). In this composition, a computer-operated EDP loop-back device creates self-similar virtual containers, which are then filled with music by a number of soloists. This way, the electronic system generates a second, accompanying voice.

The performance is centered on the encounter of man and machine, but also on experiencing inconceivably large or complex patterns that occur in nature. As the individual parts of the composition unfold, a rhythm of growth, decay and repetition emerges, which is based on the series of prime numbers between zero and 73.

The work was first performed and recorded in Bern, Switzerland in 2006, and published as an audio CD in 2008 by the Swiss Composers Association.

We are now planning to reperform one entire cycle of the piece – actually a fractaloid 32-minute loop, playing 15 times for 8 hours straight. The performance will take place in NYC on october 14th 2012 , and we are inviting local musicians to take part in this extraordinary event.

An english version of the score will be available soon, explaining the different states of improvisation activities and the general form of the piece for the artists.

Please contact me directly by e-mail: zurrigo@mem.li

Thanks

Philipp

Philipp Zuercher