Re: Newbie EDP Question

Firstly,  reset is fine, and ok thing to do, unless you have some presets set already, which I dont think you do right?
I have to admit I dont like the RESET mode, personally cos Insert is set to well.. insert... and thats not something I do much.. but its not drastic really.

Remember the the Feedback knob can be used for many things, like setting the 8th setting, (after hitting parameter>multiply) or BPM (after hitting undo in reset)... so the fact that its not at 100% doesnt mean it WONT do 100% feedback... it might... BUT... give it a wiggle, and set it to full on.. THAT should now be 100% feedback.

When I was starting out with EDP, I often got a bit lost and doing the reset helped alot... its not like you are deleting patches... Although I do suggest that a better approach is to learn how to save a preset, and when you think its all working nice, save it as a preset. then if you get in a mess, you can just load the preset (instead of doing a factory reset)...

For example... try Sampler Style One, stutter mode and more loops = 6.. and tell you you DONT get confused by what its doing... THATS when you need a factory reset...

--
Mark Francombe
www.markfrancombe.com