Re: Repetition

Sylvain Poitras wrote:

The threefold aspect of repetition that Rahn describes makes a sort of
intuitive sense.

From my own point of view what he says about rehearsal doesn't fit at all.

When I'm rehearsing a piece I'm usually developing it as I go, and ideally
reaching some kind of peak at the performance or recording.

If a performer didn't do a lot of preparation I'd be pleasantly
surprised if they managed to keep what they did fresh and interesting
on successive performances.

As to loops and boredom.
If the loop is an obvious repetition it doesn't get boring if
it slips into a supporting role, becoming inconspicuous.

andy