RE: Repetition

[Excerpt from]

Interview with William Basinski at Urban Explorers 2009

"...So you have this looping sound that creates this bubble of amniocentesis, and then the point is to try to lose track of time, to just let go of whatever your head is in and fall in, and you know, the piece goes for 50 minutes and you may not realize its been 5, so thats an ideal situation..."

This has been a guiding light for my looping these days. Allowing accidents to remain, even if we have the technology to undo them, is what makes a loop beautiful, I think.

Keeping the clicks, pops, and sometimes, even off key notes -  to have all that looped up tells a more interesting and special story than sitting there for an hour trying to get the loop to sound a certain way.