Re: Supatrigga plugin is causing noise

Christoph Lehmann schrieb:
Hey,

I recently tried to use the supatrigga plugin, while ableton is running as
a slave synchronized to mobius.
but now the plugin is causing noise. i think the problem is, that the
tempo in ableton is drifting a little bit while ableton receives mobius'
clock messages.
What do you mean by "noise"? And why do you believe that this has to do with Live drifting?

My own experiences with heavy use of Supatrigga date back a little, and the heavy use was in a setting where Möbius was slaved to Live (apart from that, similar approach to yours)...

Some things I noticed:
* Back in the days, when I completely stressed out the performance of my then-laptop, I would optimize my system so it didn't generate short spikes of CPU load, mainly by choosing plugins accordingly. One of the things I remember is that in the Live-synced-to-Möbius scenario, you require considerable "CPU headroom" (meaning you can only run at a constant load around 50% or something, don't remember the exact figures) - otherwise sometimes odd things would happen. * Livecut is also a great tool, but I don't know if it does not show the problem you noticed. * The host tempo of Live changing while Supatrigga has something in its buffer could account for what you experience as well, depending on what you mean by "noise" (hence my initial question). * The plugin latency compensation could be at fault, but I don't believe this to be the case. Generally, I tend to turn that off (both for audio and MIDI) when doing realtime/live stuff.

A suggestion:
"Strip down" your setup in Live, e.g. limit it to one track with Möbius and Supatrigga, and have Möbius only run one loop. Make sure this results in very low average CPU load (which should be the case, unless your computer is from the last millenium). Then test again if the noise happens.

If you find a setting where it starts to work: A problem with hitting CPU redline. If not: some other problem...

            Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs