Bad experience with Looperlative LP-2

I'm a saxophonist from Switzerland doing some looping from time to time. When I heard about the LP-2 I thought this would be holy grail of the looper pedals - small, with the right features to be creative while looping. In october'11 I ordered it from Bob Amstad.
When I got it some months later I had to notice that it didn't work as advertised at all. The feedback function didn't work with the pedals I tried. It even crashed sometimes. In continous trigger mode I got half a second of silence in the loop, which makes the function completely useless.
So far, so bad. But the worst thing is: After sending it back to Bob (which he proposed) I never got a replacement unit or some money back. He even doesn't react on emails anymore.
I'm posting this not only to warn other people, but also to ask if somebody had similar problems and how you could resolve it.
Best wishes from Switzerland