Re: RE: Zoe Keating in NY Times article.@borisfx.com

I'm thinking Eno had it right : ""I think records were just a little bubble through time and those who made a living from them for a while were lucky. There is no reason why anyone should have made so much money from selling records except that everything was right for this period of time. I always knew it would run out sooner or later. It couldn't last, and now it's running out. I don't particularly care that it is and like the way things are going. The record age was just a blip. It was a bit like if you had a source of whale blubber in the 1840s and it could be used as fuel. Before gas came along, if you traded in whale blubber, you were the richest man on Earth. Then gas came along and you'd be stuck with your whale blubber. Sorry mate – history's moving along. Recorded music equals whale blubber. Eventually, something else will replace it."

Yeah, the difference is that Eno became very, very famous during this so called 'bubble' and now commands very, very large fees for his services. He may be correct in his assertion of what's happening sociologically and technologically, but he's a hypocrite when he says he welcomes this change in culture. He already has 'HIS'. He prospers while younger artists around him who have every
possibility of being as innovative as him languish, financially.