Re: Realistic drum programming/recording for songs

Am 05.02.2013 21:09, schrieb Per Boysen:
Some less than accurate information has slipped through lately, so
please allow me to chime in with humble corrections.

1)  Midi only has 127 increments of velocity.
128 are the steps for so called Continuous Control data. 128 steps is
used for example when turning a knob or pushing a fader. Or to measure
how fast a note is attacked (Velocity).
Not wanting to split hairs here (ok, yes, I want to):
MIDI velocity (or almost anything, with the exception of the channel # and the double-precision CCs) is 7 bit, meaning its value range is from 0-127, which means it's 127 increments, not 128. ;-P