Re: Noise gate / upgrade steps (LP1 for sale)

Thanks Bill and Andy for thoughts and ideas....

but.....  Whoa, cue <head slap>....

Some deep recess of my brain brought up the words 'Noise Gate' last night, and sure enough that seems to have been the problem with the audio requiring a 'kick' and then going to sleep. Textbook case, "not a bug, its a feature" :)

I don't recall ever having adjusted that setting on my unit, but it may be that reconfiguring my setup a bit recently changed the levels going in to the LP1, thereby providing the conditions for the noise gate to do its thing, but on my actual instrument signal rather than background noise. Pretty bad when your gear tells you what you are playing is nothing but noise, eh?

That was the 'I've had it with this thing' moment, so I'm all better now..... But I still do have the upgrade/downgrade problem, and I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and try to get Bob's help on this. I've been waiting to see if somehow his situation stabilized and he started responding on the forum etc.... no more forum, check. But yeh, I guess I should just contact him anyway, worst case I won't get an answer.

Andy, thanks for the troubleshooting tips - yes, I'm getting an IP address on the LP1. I'm a bit hampered now since there were upgrade instructions on the forum. Anybody have those stashed someplace?

I still expect to sell it at some point, I shamefully have not used it in all its splendor, and a much more basic device would do the trick for me. But at least I don't have to have a fire sale now.

Rob