Re: Free delay and reverb plugins for both PC and MAC

One really good delay - the tape delay simulation style - is EchoBoy,
http://www.soundtoys.com/product/EchoBoy (not "free" but good sounding
and useful in the long run to justify a price tag. iLok dongle needed.
I have the full Native Bundle from SoundToys and have noticed through
the years that these plugins make a huge difference.)

EchoBoy can make a great analogy style reverb too, "shimmering in  a
gritty way". Some folks swear by the Valhalla reverb plugin but my fav
for a non-IR "really hi-tech-ish and expensive sounding reverb" is the
B2. Can't hail this enough if you want to go beyond IR:
http://www.2caudio.com/products/b2

If you do fine with IR convolution reverbs there are some free player
plugins:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=327906
You may just snag the IR file from Logic's Space Designer (copy it) to
drive a free IR reverb plugin (VST for both Mac n Pc in Reaper)

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com
http://www.youtube.com/perboysen