Re: wikipedia page on livelooping

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 8:38 PM, Sylvain Poitras <sylvain.trombone@gmail.com> wrote:
We probably don't need to sidetrack this discussion further

Ohhh lets..!

Im with Tyler... although I admit that there is a fundamental difference physically as a musician to playing live looping to playing regular music, HELL Live Looping changed my life! I don't think that theres much difference in the SOUND when one hears live looping or any other form of looping. I LIKE the sound of repetitious phrases, and especially if you can hear that they are technically looped, as opposed to just played again and again.

Looping in music is NOT the same as er... jamming... just playing the same old thing over and over, it necessitates some form of technology, whether tape or digital, therefore its a new music.
Sure playing live looped music makes you play differently, maybe makes you play different music, but a technical exercise, does not a genre make.

If Punk music could be played either WITH a pick or without.... but sounded the same... would Pick Punk need a separate Wikipedia Page...

Lets just improve the Loop page...

mark

--
Mark Francombe