Re: Silvertone Model 6072 Reel to Reel Looping

Not that I'm aware.
Professional tapes from the late '70 '80s (Ampex)
are the one's famous for decaying.

I haven't messed with a valve tape deck since the '90s,
..so the appropriate tape is another 20 yrs older.
..but back then the old tapes seemed fine.

Try any old tape that's brown in colour, rather than grey-black.

I kind of image you going through the rummage sales to find tape ;-)

Maybe try and get hold of some "Scotch Dynarange".

andy