Re: what is the state of things with pedals these days?

Ivodne -

Love the room concept. Beautiful :)

Phil
On Sat, Nov 8, 2014 at 6:52 PM Ivodne Galatea <takas20@hotmail.com> wrote:
It's stereo out but through phase inversion, bit of a downer that.  And only mono in. Same with the Akai headrush II - mono in five outs (!).  I'm also addicted to stereo which makes a lot of things problematic. Why I got the Timeline - for the stereo preservation. But the sound isn't the same.

The sound - it's (insert every analogue fanboy crush word here). Irreplaceable.

I have a thing going I call lived-looping, where my pianet is permanently on in a room, with a collage of sounds. And people go in and play it, and the regen is just short of endless - it will decay to silence over the collage which is a permanent loop. And people who say they have no music, or people who never played in their life, or people who say that they hate modern music, and people who think looping is bullshit, (and and and  ...) hear the birds and waves and thunder, and go in and play, and play forever. I have to go and get business-types who have come to talk about Serious Things and say "Uh, Doug, the meeting..." after 30 mins or so.

They will play "Mary had a little lamb" or "Advance Australia Fair" or "Loch Lomond" or some pop song, and then by the time they've got to the end it regenerates, and they start to smile, and then they're lost. And a large part of the allure is the SD Deja Vu - everything you do on it sounds like every favourite musical moment you ever heard.

 (SO calls the room "the Kaleidophone")