Re: what is the state of things with pedals these days?

I second the Strymon Timeline! I use one and it’s a killer sounding delay and looper in one. If you would like to have separate control over the looper functions you could use your Softstep since MIDI notes or CC’s can control the looper functions. Delay FX can be set as pre/post looper on the fly…

-F Clef Todd