Re: vocal effects processors?

Hey all -- Wanted to thank you for the suggestions for a vocal processor.
Matt -- I had just bought a Mic Mechanic right before your message
arrived. After a little more research it seemed closest to what I needed,
sans the distortion and programmability....

My brief review:
You get a small number of reverb & reverb+echo presets, including kind of
a neato slapback. The only adjustable parameters are the wet/dry, the
tempo of the echo (using the tap button), and the echo feedback. Good
enough for now...

There's a somewhat frightening "tone" button with option of being either
on or off, and that's it. This is a pre-designed combination of eq, active
compression and de-essing, supposedly one-size-fits-all.
Dare I say: the tone enhancement was better than I had anticipated. It
removes a bit more low end than I'd like, but for cutting through a rock
band it was actually just the ticket. The compression is gentle and
transparent, and there remains some warmth even with the low cut.

There's an auto-tune option that I kept in the middle position during the
gig, and it, too, was less offensive than you might think. Rather than
force my voice unnaturally it added a slight chorusing effect to even out
the pitch. As much as I hate auto-tune, it actually gave me a tad more
confidence during the difficult listening situation of singing with a loud
band behind me. For more intimate situations I'd turn it off.

A few more basic effects and this thing would be perfect, but for the
price -- very affordable -- I'm happy. And it's cute, and red.

 -- Amy

⁄πππππππππππππππππππππ
Amy X Neuburg
http://www.amyxneuburg.com