Re: Looptimus for Ableton Live

On 17/10/2016 03:58, John Tidwell wrote:
How about two _expression_ pedal inputs?

I'm considering getting one of these.

Looks pretty good, if they can be forgiven them for the ludicrous "World's Most Powerful..." tagline ;-)

Be sure and get latency figures from them though,
those will creep up as features are added, and while it's not an issue for
patch switching it'll kill the device for looping.
(also, latency may be higher on the extra switches, or they may trigger on release)

oh hang on, bank up/down is a 2 button press, which means (almost certainly)
that buttons A, B, C trigger on release....no good for looping

Dunnow, maybe consult with the manufacturers about looping needs,

andy
ps, I'd also recommend asking about latency for Looptimus,
although it's intended for latency sensitive applications so should be cool.
5mS or under is what you want, and not all manufacturers
will take it that seriously.