Re: return to an old chestnut question

@Jon,

I too have been running Mobius as a multi-output plugin under Logic,
Mainstage, Cubase and Bidule. The point of going multi-output is to be
able to mix properly. But I don't like how that kind of setup affects
my musical looping performance, so I stopped doing that and started to
perform with Mobius standalone and caring more about the sound I put
into the looper; i.e. playing with an instrument tone that already
sounds as it typically does if soloing a track out of a DAW mix
context. This way it sounds pretty decent when all loops sum up in the
Mobius master track.

When I intend to record for a high-quality documentation I do two
things: (1) record the full Mobius Master all through the performance
and (2) after the performance I save the Mobius  session (I think the
command is called "Save as Project", but I may be wrong about that) in
the way that I get all loops as separate audio files, named with the
track number and the loop number from the session. Then I fire up a
DAW (Logic, Cubase or Bitwig), throw the Mobius Master Stereo
recording file into a track and adjust the DAW time-line to sync with
whatever tempo I was doing during the Mobius recording. Next is to
find out parts of the arrangement where it makes sense to (fully or
partly) replace the full stereo recording with separate loop files on
parallel DAW tracks, and this is a lot of fun. This method has been
helpful for music with lots of improvisation and where you also treat
the Mobius looper as an instrument during the recording.

The technical way to record the Mobius stereo output - including all
macro mangling - can be to snag it with a separate software like Audio
HiJack (Mac only) or use the excellent Record function in Mobius
(assign Start Recording and End Recording to two computer keys and
just have Mobius render the master track in realtime while you're
playing).

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.perboysen.com