Re: GR-30 and Guitar Craft Tuning

Re New standard tuning question:

I think the problem is caused by the fact that the low C vibrates at a
slower rate and therefore the note is recognized by the hex pick-up less
quickly.
Is the problem worse when fretting notes as opposed to when the open string
is let ring? If it is, try a thicker gauge string. A light gauge string
tuned down to the low C can really vary widely with respect to pitch, due
to inconsistent finger pressuse throughout the time the note is fretted.
This is a big problem for me using the tuning on acoustic guitar. The Hex
pickup may be having trouble recognizing pitch when it varies outside of
certain tolerences.
I know that Fripp is a proponent of using the thickest gauge strings one
can stand. Perhaps this is not only for reasons of improved tonality.

Just a thought - Jim