Re: echoplex or jamman?

Kim Flint wrote:

> Again, you have the input too high, and you are clipping the digital
>audio
> path. Set the input level correctly on the Echoplex, and you won't have
>this
> problem. Use the tambourine as a reference signal, and refer to your ears
> before the Level LED. When the tambourine sounds fine in a loop, you are
>set.

As always, I appreciate your response, Kim.  But have you tried a real
tambourine?  I
don't have problems with real cymbals and drums.  I definitely have
problems with the
tambourine and ting-sha.  When I turn the gain down enough for the
tambourine everything
else is far too low.  I'm using a Shure SM-57 and a Tascam 1024 mixer.  I
have the EDP
plumbed into the AUX 1 and returning to a line-level channel.  I am
especially interested
in your response to trying a real tambourine.

- Dennis Leas
--
dennis@mdbs.com