Fifths tuning, string breakage

I use the Guitar Craft tuning (CGDAEG), and I use an .011 on the
acoustic, and a .010 on the electric. I haven't had breakage problems on
the high G.  The A on the acoustic is the string most prone to breakage
in my experience.  When it does break, it always breaks at the tuning
machine.  I use Sperzel locking tuners on the electrics, which puts fewer
turns around the post, which may contribute to longer string life for
high-tuned strings.

Travis Hartnett