Re: The Next Step(?)

For easy of use I don't think the Yamaha A3000 has rivals. Great and cheap
sampler. I just purchased one few months ago and I think it is a great
product. Great sound, a lot of realtime control, 3 FX processors inside as
standard and an exp. unit (more output channels plus dig.out, standard ONLY
4 analogic) for few more dollars. I use a PC and there are a lot of progs
that support the A3000 directly. Wavesurgeon for chopping beats and sounds
(and SCSI transfer), next version of Recycle or you can use SoundForge,
Wavelab, ecc. for sample editing and quick transferring to the sampler.

Using a PC can have some drawbacks in setup the whole thing (the Net is a
great help for this) but there are a lot of fantastic progs (Acid,
SoundForge, Wavelab, WaveSurgeon, Fruity Loops, Making Waves, ecc.) to make
music. make your own choice. at the end you can make music professionally
on
either the platforms and using every progs available.

ciao
leo