Re: Loop effects: Can software be as good as good hardware?

On Jul 3, 2006, at 22:20, mark sottilaro wrote:

> If you're truely saying that for the price of
> a laptop (to use me as an example) ($1400), audio
> interface ($200) and Reaktor software ($300) I'd get
> something on par with an Exclipse, well then I'd be
> shaking in my boots if I was a hardware manufacture.

Some musicians still give priority to how fast and stable a rig is in
a daily (touring) use. Obviously computer application based systems
don't score well here. If you are serious with using laptops etc you
need to learn about and care about the system maintenance in a way
you don't have to when working with hardware.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se (Swedish)
www.looproom.com (international)