Re: what kind of gear setups to you guys use ?

Mark,

I'm with you on the stereo thing.  A couple of years back I bought a
small (150Watt) Carvin power amp and a pair of their small club
speakers.  Effectively the same volume as a traditional 2x12 guitar
amp, but pristine sound quality and true stereo all the way through.
All in the neighborhood of $500.  Like you, I already had everything
up to the mixer and just needed some way to get my sound out there.
Works like a charm.

Todd