Re: RC-50 video on summer NAMM

> At some point in time, I thought to myself I am in the wrong business,
> because if I had my own video equipment, editing software, and
>development
> tools, I could have done the product myelf for my own company. If I had
> steady stream of business, I could easily produce a module like this
>each
> month...that's an averaged time, including time with the client, etc -
>it
> took three months to develop this $40K module, but not continuous time.
> That's roughly $480,000 USD a year. Once you get the tools and processes
>for
> development standarized, the rest is just consulting time with the
>customer.

Oh, if only it were that easy.  There's also the scope creep, endless
revisions, customers who can't nail down on requirements or key messages,
myriad design-by-committee free for alls, unpaid invoices, customers who
go out
of business before you're paid, getting on the "approved vendors list",
and all
the other crap that goes along with being business services vendor.  And
that's
just the project; then there's the matter of drumming up new business and
keeping the pipeline full...

BTW, I thought the guy did his job pretty well, other than showing that he
was
woefully ignorant of competitive products.  It was NAMM show; he wasn't
there
to educate, he was there to promote and move some units.  From what I know
about the MI business, I would guess he probably did that okay.

D7

Dumeril7                    dumeril7@SPAMBEGONEyahoo.com
Anti-spam measures in place -- remove "SPAMBEGONE" from
my e-mail address if you want to use it....