Re: latency discussions

Rainer, thanks for writing this, fascinating! Cleared up a lot of
misconceptions for me. I've always heard about latency in computer
setups and how to accommodate for it (and actually, I thought I
remembered hearing that manufacturers would publish latencies), and it's
interesting to see how to reduce or nearly eliminate it.

I'd be very curious in knowing the latencies of various popular hardware
effects boxes - the Pod, Fireworx, Vortex, (hell, the EDP), DD20, etc -
just to get a sense of what we've become used to in that regard. I'd
also like to know some of the specifics of some VST plugins, and also,
how much you have to stack up effects before the latency becomes
apparent, 20-30 ms or so.

great work!

Daryl Shawn
www.swanwelder.com