Re: What public is attracted by a Y2K Sampler Video?

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:07 PM,  <kkissinger@kevinkissinger.com> wrote:
> In most cases, bad gigs are situations where the audience is not there
>for
> the music -- the music is simply there to create atmosphere or whatever.

It's what a call "music consumers" vs "music lovers". A gig could
still be ok if you get the respect from the organization and/or
audience. But I don't have to live from music, that makes it a little
easier.

Which makes me think about what exactly drives me to perform live on
stage. I'm happy when I have been able to create positive atmosphere,
when I have the feeling they appreciate what I do, when they try to
understand the message of the music. The biggest compliment I can get
is when they say "I don't know how you did it but it sounded
beautiful". The "how" indirectly refers to live looping, it is the
invisible instrument where the magic comes from.
--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/