Re: OT: Bill Walker's new CD release Sanctuary is out now!!

Hey Bill,

I went to download your new CD today, and couldn't find it anywhere
other than on the CD Baby store. (Not on iTunes, eMusic, Amazon, etc.)
CD Baby's store is not a great place to have as an only portal - they
require you to build an account before you buy anything. Even though I
already have an account, they have trouble recognizing my login and
password when I'm on their page.

In CD Baby, you can set up digital distribution for the other sites
where people can get it. I also recommend selling through Bandcamp.
(BC doesn't require the users to have an account - they can pay
through paypal.)

Lastly, Paypal has a feature where you can use it to sell things on
your own website. I haven't had the time to do this yet, but you
allegedly fill in a few fields, and it creates a little button to pay.
When people do, it sends you an email with info about what they
ordered and their shipping address.

Oops - just found it on iTunes... Strangely the itunes link came up on
google, but not in a search within iTunes. I don't buy things through
iTunes either because they use a proprietary format.

--
Matt Davignon
mattdavignon@gmail.com