Re: wikipedia page on livelooping

On 26/03/2014 15:38, Matthias Grob wrote:
Hi!

I just read all of this thread, rather quickly, and here some thougths
that came:

I do not remember having contributed to the wikipedia page for livelooping
Its easy to loop up the old versions in the history tab

Had assumed that "matigrob" was you.
...er...it was wasn't it.
Anyway, there you are in the history.

iirc you added mostly lists of links

I did contribute the real story about the Echoplex page and the removed it
since I did not have references
It made me understand the absurd situation. someone who tells his own
experience does not have a reference to it
so someone wouldhave to inteview that person, write an article somewhere
and then reference to that in wikipedia, right?

That's it, but really *someone else* would do the reference from wikipedia.

Wikipedia actually prefers a "secondary reference".
1)inteview that person,
2) write an article somewhere
3) someone else writes an article that references the first
4)reference to that 2nd article in wikipedia

Then the person writing the article should write it from
"a neutral point of view".

i.e. they'd have to write a summary of the available viewpoints available
on the subject and then compare and contrast.
( in practise it's far to easy to adopt that *style* without being nuetral
at all )

Beyond that there is the wikipedia idea of "notability",
...is it important enough.
They say this can be established with secondary references.

I am not sure whether Livelooping.org or youtube/livelooping are valid