Re: Beginner questions

Chris Chovit wrote:

> Rob Martino wrote:
>
> >So to start off, I wanted to get some basic ideas about the type
> >of equiment/cable configuration I would want to start with.
> >Playing Champman Stick, I have at least three outputs (bass, melody,
> >triggered synth), yet I understand the JamMan can only process
> >one of it's stereo inputs.  So would the easiest thing to do be
> >simply having a small mixer to mix down from three or more to
> >one?  Does the Echoplex allow multiple inputs?
>
> I reccommend using a mixer.  If you run looping device off the effect
>SEND,
> then you can send only the signals you want to loop.  Also, if you run
>the
> output of the looping device back into a mixer input channel, you can
>send
> that signal to other effects, through additional SENDS.

Can you recommend a simple one or two space rack mixer that would be
suitable
for this?  Is it a situation where I would want certain effects (like
reverb)
to be after the looping device, to prevent the overdubs from sounding to
muddy?

Next question:  will the Echoplex let you create polyrythmic loops, so
that you could do one loop in 4/4, and another in 3/4 on top of it so that
you'd have a scontinual shifting sort of effect going on?

Thanks everyone for the helpful info.

Rob Martino