Re: volumepedal

Matthias Grob wrote:

> Rick explains:
>
> >the pedal is called  visual volume , it`s a passive stereo volume pedal
> >w/, i think ,10 LED`S on the top left side , that shows you where the
> >pedal is -visually- in its throw , i.e. 3/4`s down , 1/2 way, full ,
> >none,etc. to see the LED`S you plug in the wall wart adaptor.*the reason
> >i got this pedal is b/c it was the clearest one i`ve hearrd & i`ve had
> >the BOSS pedals & the earnie ball etc , etc...the adaptor isn`t plugged
> >in when i use it , but if you`re on a dark stage or in a dark room ,it
> >would be a great map....
> >they also make distortion & other type of pedals too.......
>
> Interesting idea. Really we do not have a very acurate feeling for the
> angle of the ancle. For volume I do not think its very important, because
> you imediately hear what you do, but as a FeedBack for looping it might
>be
> the solution:
> The result of the feedback reduction is only audible after a whole loop
> goes by. So with some experiece, you can determine how much you want to
> reduce the feedback and control with the LEDs whether your foot acts
>right.
>
> My personal solution was to use a fader instead of a pedal to get the
> visual control. But I have to take my shoes of to control it, which makes
> me famous here, but is not everyones thing...
>
> Do you have some more indications about the visual volume? Is that the
> brand? Price? WWW page?
>
> Thank you
> Matthias

the company`s name is Visual Sound , check out the marck/97 guitar player
mag on p. 119 for a review of their Visual Metal pedal . "powered by a
9-volt AC adaptor , the Visual Metal also fetures 11 LEDs that track
pedal movement to visually indicate how much mayhem you`re about to
unleash. A companion Visual Volume pedal is offered for $130."
i got mine at guitar center for around $80.
Visual Sound , in CT , 1-800-686-3317

again the main reason i got this was for its clarity , it`s not a chepo
volume pedal w/ a smart option on it....
rick