Re: Anyone have an Oberheim Echoplex for Sale?

Greeting Loopersons,

I've must be a little slow on the uptake here or something. A few days ago
an
SOS for EDP assistance was put on the list by a fellow named Paul Dresher.

Paul is a former analog tape looper of some renown. I, in fact saw him
perform years ago in an art museum show in Southern California that was
absolutely stunning! That performance (and the few of his recordings I've
been able to find) have been a great insiration to me ever since.

As I remember (at that particular time) he was using a multitrack
reel-to-reel system (not altogether unlike Fripp's) but with the additional
feature of a bank of footpedals to operate as volume faders for each track.
But, more impressive than the rig was the music itself (for which it would
be
an  injustice for me to even begin to describe).

You owe it to youselves to check this guy out. He's got a disc or two out
out
on the New Albion label and a few others elsewhere I believe. He's a
composer
who has pretty thouroughly plummed the depths of looping as a musical
concept
and now he's joining the ranks of us digital loopers...hmmmm.

Ciao,

Ted Killian