Re: DJ loopage, Megafun!

 I use aDenon 2000F for cd mixing and
>technics 1200 MK2's for turntables.

!How do you know you have the timing down when you bring the sample into
the live mix, do you fadeout the mix and then send in the I'm gonna rock
the floor loop or sample?  Or do you program time as you go?

!I presume live you are turntables?  Pitchsifting for cds is affordable but
most seem to not respect it.  I work with two cd players and an ancient
though bitchass sony record player.

!It also seems to me that not enough people bring in these samples, aka
Joker USA came through recently, and all I saw them do was look down on the
tables at the Red Room.  Although their drum n bass was pretty good, they
didn't really move me much more than improving my dancing.

!What city do you mix in?

My point is you can pump up a
>track with a loop when other wise you may not play
>the record at all.  Say you want to add some bass booms to a couple of
>bars
>in the middle of a track boom boom the crowd goes mad because you have
>introduced a new ellement.

!Totally, I'm not sure if Diesel Boy did this when he came through town,
but I was amazed at all the stuff he was bringing in.  I was actually too
busy dancing to check out his gear.  His lps/cds  unfortunately, off his
own stuff, unless I'm mistaken from the single one I have are not very
good.

!THis same could be said for more strict interpretations of looping, new
elements or spice is evolution, movement.

  You have
>to let go of long mixes when using loops because of set up time.
>A good 20 second mix on a break or punch is all you need from one song to
>the next.

!So it sounds like you create a loop for a particular song?

  The efx boxes are for adding efx to a track ,like
>short delay to get a double beat effect or a flange even a massive
>reverb when a track is building up, this adds major heat to the floor.  I
>use middi verbs, so I can change parameters with my controller.

!What does this gizmo look like, is this in the MPC 2000, no se, aka
smallfry to the supersize... I probably missed the name of the one you use,
is it rackmount or on the table?

Yeah lightmen tend to suck/ AKA be a stand in for one of the people that
are trying to unsubscribe.  Har har

I agree with all that you are saying, THANKS!!  I've been talking about
these very same issues with others and it's great to know what you are
doing!

It's amusing these days that everyone and their grandmotha wantz to be a
DJ.  Hopefully they will take some heed after grinding their teeth and
wondering somewhere in the back of there mind why Chemical Brothers sounds
excessively inadequate, but maybe with some heavy tweaking...

Again thanks
Mjh