Re: [phiba-improv] One-of-a-Kind Musik Artifakts

Ed- this sounds cool-- I just read an interview with Gavin Bryars
yesterday and
he was talking about his recording of "the Sinking of the Titanic," (which
is
really great) and the theory they were developing there was that sound
never
dies, it just gets fainter and fainter.  The theory there was that water
actually carries sound more efficiently than air and, if you listen very
carefully, you could actually still here the Titanic's band playing after
it
was underwater (and you still can)--of course, the guy Bryars was working
with
on this theory was also convinced that, given the right technology, etc.,
he
could actually hear Christ giving the sermon on the mount.  Who's right?