attn: GP-100 users

I just got a GP and have a question for fellow users. I've got a Jamman
in the Fx loop and noticed a peculiar thing which has now become an
annoying thing. How the heck can the volume of my guitar affect the
volume of my JM once it is playing a loop. I do not understand this.
Both the volume on my guitar and volume pedal control the JM's output
once it is looping. I understand it is not actually controlling the
output, but I guess what is happening is that somehow the preamp is
being affected my volume settings. What is doing this and how do I stop
it?
Thank in advance,
-Dennis