Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V99 #49

At 01:48 PM 2/3/99 -0500, you wrote:

>I tried to download this, but when i clicked on the whatever.mp3 file
>(forgive me, it's been a while) with GetRight to download it, it
>downloaded
>a several kilobyte size file that, well, wasn't an mp3.  Can anyone clue
>me in to what wacky stuff mp3.com does with its server?
>--

mp3.com has a system in place that uses .cgi scripts to tally the
downloads,
so if you right-click (on Windows/Netscape) on the link to save-as, you
wind up with the script
rather than the actual *.mp3. If there is a right-click equivalent in Mac
land, I'm assuming the results would be the same.

On this site, you have to actually double-click the link to
initiate a download, and even then, sometimes it doesn't work -- the file
becomes corrupt, and
fails to load properly.

Thanks for the interest, BTW . . .

rob switzer