Re: New looping pedal--Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler (RANT)

I agree with Travis Hartnett.  Get agreat effects rig and then turn off all
the settings if you want to but I disagree with the idea that you have more
possibility with less tools.

However I sympathize with the original poster, if what he's saying is what
think he's saying.  Not that I am a philistine but the complex equipment
is so
complicated and user-unfriendly that you quickly get bored and your eyes
gloss
over from information blackout trying to play with 5,000,000,000,000
different
settings come up with something of your own that sounds as good as the
presets.  And like Mr. Baldwin, I sort of resent having to turn on

"Dr. Feelgood Retro Give Peace A Chance Chakralove Wavy Gravy Cherry Garcia
Tripping Daisymania"

or

"Satrianian Spacesurfer Shred-O-Matic Delicate Yet Manly Yet Educated Ding
Dong Dive Bomborama"

or

"Cliffs Of Dover Ozone Moonchild Floating Diatonic Technocolor Virgotones
no.
23"

or

"Adrian Belew is 10,000 Times Better Than You Will Ever Live To Be Lone
Rhinos
Mating At The Orpheum July 1992"

or

"Deathreich Satanocarnage Crucifascist Wife-raping Paingasm Meat
Grinderfleshcorpseblitzmacht"

and rely on something somebody else came up with.  It's like the
manufacturer
is saying, "hey, you suck, and because you suck, we're giving you some
settings that actual smart people came up with because you suck so much, so
live with it, because if you try to come up with your own setting on *this*
equipment you better have a hexadecimal calculator and brush up on your
differential calculus, moron, or your guitar is going to sound like a
manatee
in heat on AM radio and everyone's going to KNOW you suck."

Of course, I'm way lazy.  Besides, no man is an island, is she?  We get by
with a little help from our friends.   But until I can find where I put my
statistical mechanics book and get two- or three-hundred hours of free
time, I
am with K. Douglas Baldwin:  give me the damn stomp box with the one damn
button and the damn amplifier with the three damn knobs.  And I'll stomp
and
twist to my ignorant little heart's content.

Sorry for ranting.
Tim

P.S.
My apologies to anyone who is going for a manatees-in-heat-on-AM-radio
sound.
You called my bluff:  I envy you.