Re: Pod VS Johnson

>Digitech 2112 tube preamp and effects (much of
>what's probably inside the Johnson Millinium amps, I would suspect.)

well, i must confess, most of my hands on experience with johnson is
from the crappy rawk band i found myself playing bass for last
year...the one i got kicked out of for not 'wanting it bad
enough'...the guitarist played a parker fly through a millenium and
came up with some very anemic guitar sounds...so chalk some of it up
to biased opinions, i guess...and the fact that i've had great fun
and good luck with my POD for the last year and a half...

not doing much too live work at the moment, but had great sound
running the POD into the poweramp input of my Fender hot rod deluxe
2/12, bypassing the preamp.  Just recently sold the Fender to a
friend, and have been running the POD into a Carvin AG-100 (or
AB-100, forget which) and although i'm not a total 'tone freak', i've
been very happy with the results (and i haven't even got down into
lots of tweaking).  If you are running a POD into an amp, just try
the models without the cabinet simulations first.  The cab sims
running through actual speakers can make things very dark and bassy.

The Carvin is cool...100 watts (i think) solid state, 3 channels each
with their own fx send and eq, with some voicing options for each
channel.  Nice sound and SUPER LIGHT.  If i end up playing out again
soon, i might get another to go stereo and beef up the sound.

best,

rich