EVENTIDE USERS GROUP ON LINE Tutorials..

John, Ray Reck set up an incredible Eventide Users group on Yahoo that
works
in a very innovative way, better than any other I 've seen so far. We have
20 mega files area with docs, pdf, txt, mp3s  AND sif, actual programs for
DSP4000/7000/Orville that any user can upload to his machine.Lots of infos
on ANYTHING. Everybody can put his files there for all the group. THEN we
also have a very functional CHAT section in which I give support world-wide
to Eventide users. We have a weekly appointment in which people from US,
Italy, Germany,Sweden and other countries get together and learn how to
program audio/control/interface aspects of Eventide platforms. The great
thing is that anybody can go to the Eventide webpages (www.eventide.com)
and
download VSIGfile, a graphical (and txt editor) for ANY machine
(gtr/Dsp4000/4500/7000/75007Orville), swap machines databases and be on the
chat working all together on patches, having Vsig OPEN aside the chat page.
Then we e-mail each other programs, since Vsig can save them in very light
files that anybody can upload to his machine. It's working AWESOME and lots
of people are there...learning a lot.
We have people that don't have en Eventide yet BUT are learning its
programming structures and lingo, just by being there, following the
on-line
tutorials (with lots of questions). These "wanna try it" people have Vsig
on
their pcs and I send them a machine database so that it works. No other
place has these features to my knowledge. The Users Group works since last
November 29, in 4 months we are 153 people, including high end engineers,
betatesters, programmers, studio engineers, musicians and factory guys too.
Level and pro is pretty high. Lots of benefits to find out what is good for
what task or not, in the Eventide area...and more!!!  Lots of people from
Looper's Delight are there too. KYMa users are there too. It's a very
omnicomprehensive  and rewarding experience that I strongly advice anybody
to try.
Next "ON-LINE Tutorial Session" is fixed for tomorrow, Wednesday, at
midnight central Europe time, 6pm New York time, 3pm Los Angeles time.
I'd really like to meet you there (if YOU're not too shy!!!)!!!
these are the adresses:
Post message: eventide-users@yahoogroups.com
Subscribe:  eventide-users-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

everybody is VERY welcome