Re: Too many loopers, not enough auxes...

David Coffin submitted a post awhile back that gave
his solution using a Mackie. What it came down to was
using buss assignments & spare mixer outputs as fx
sends. I cheated an extra fx send out of the mixer on
my Tascam 488 by using its monitor outputs.

I was recently going thru a box of old hi-fi system
junk & came across a little box called a Tape Control
Center, made by Realistic. It allowed you to hook up
to 3 tape decks to the tape monitor connection on a
home stereo receiver. It has switches that allows for
a rec/play/dub matrix. I now have it hooked to 2 aux
sends from a Rocktron G612 rack mixer to provide 3
stereo fx sends. I currently have my Vortex, DL-4, &
Digitech 2101 connected to this. The other 2 sends on
the G612 go to my EDP & Digitech 2120. I'm still
tinkering with the setup & wondering how I'll work
the repeater into all of this.

I wish Line 6 would come out with a "mixer modeler".
That way I could turn a knob & have 8 aux sends & 24
channels. ;-)

John

--- Tim Nelson <tcn62@ici.net> wrote:

> I'm still far from sure that it's the best way to
> connect it all, though.
> How have you guys approached using a massed pile of
> several simple loopers
> in combination (as opposed to a more
> multi-functioned device like the EDP)?
>
> -t