Re: cycloops

jhno wrote :

Hi jhno !

> just messing with a cycloops... nice to see something a little
>different! i
> do like that you can just plug it in and then sit on it or otherwise mash
> random buttons to produce something coherant.
>
> emmanuel, you may remember sending me a djrnd2 long ago; it is nice to
>see
> those ideas condensed into a succinct and accessible widget - kudos and
> thanks.

Thanks
DJRND2 has moved to DJRND3, maybe launched this year I hope by some else
than
Redsound.

> as i am perhaps not in the target demographic, my primary interests are:
> hacking the analog devices chip, and making it break. (not physically!
>just
> pushing the algorithms. it has a lot of built-in logic, which can be
> interesting when it goes awry...)
>
> regarding the first, do you think there is any chance of official updates
> to the o.s.? the device has all the components necessary to do a wide
>array
> of looping tasks... plus the design is really quite nice. if it can pitch
> shift loops and adjust endpoints etc. - - - why not expose those
>parameters
> in some kind of "expert mode" or alternative o.s.? i think it could be
> attractive to a whole new demographic of users...

Something which could be similar to the Electrix Repeater you mean ?
I am just waiting the day my patent is delivered in Canada to deal with IVL
Technology. No need for me to develop a musician looper like Repeater
since it
might become a license of mine one day sooner or later.
With Redsound, Cycloops is the automatic BPM simplified version of DJRND2
for club
DJs.
DJRND3 will be for "bedrooming" DJs (homestudio).
The o.s of cycloops will not change unless Redsound accept to debug the
software
integration and turn it into a fully automatic BPM which should have been
the case
if they had totally respected every term of our patent license.
I did the design of the Redsound Cycloops sampler, once Redsound stated on
the
idea to make a 6-loop sampler. I have filed "Cycloops" in Europe, but
Redsound
didn't wait for any license to be signed, too much exited to launch the
product
first. Then I revised my financial conditions and they finally refused to
sign ...
5 months after the launching date. Now they moved from "Cycloops" to
"C-loops"
pretended they did the change of the trademark not to infrindge, but
everybody
claims "Formely known as Cycloops"...

> just a thought. i like the box enough to write assembly code. :)
> (but i have other loopers to fry first...)

One problem is the BPM part is Redsound secret know-how on which they
remain very
jalous.

> >"Freedom is a scary thing - not many people really want it." -Laurie
>Anderson
>
> well, maybe freedom could be this optional mode...

But trades and profits lead the world on which we are all looping around :
Sooner
or later, nothing can be done without money.

> jhno

Cheers jhno,
Emmanuel